CK1 rests in Spencer Junction Yard, near Port Augusta, South Australia, before being hauled to Islington workshops in Adelaide for repainting to bright yellow, 22 July 2013. Photo: Jack Chambers, Flickr Commons.
Genesee & Wyoming Australia
1067 mm; 1435 mm
Year of entry into service:
Five former Victorian Railways T Class units were purchased by Australian National and renumbered as the CK Class in 1993 and 1994. CK2 was later sold to Specialised Container Transport and restored to its original number, T404. The remaining four CK locomotives are allocated to Whyalla in South Australia, mainly for iron ore haulage.